A HELENSBURGH man who bombarded his former partner with a series of explicit texts and emails will find out his fate next week.
Anthony Rutherford, 31, of East Princes Street, admitted causing his ex fear and alarm between November 21 and December 7 last year.
Rutherford repeatedly sent the woman text containing sexual remarks, called her, sent her messages containing sexual images, attended the woman’s home in Garelochhead’s Feorlin Way, left her a voicemail and sent her a letter purporting to come from a third party.
He also breached a condition of bail by emailing his ex on December 21 – two days after being bailed in connection with the offence.
He appeared at Dumbarton Sheriff Court for sentencing last Thursday, when his solicitor, Steven Wight, said a social work report ordered by the court on Rutherford’s background was not available.
Mr Wight said Rutherford had moved from an address in Colquhoun Street to nearby East Princes Street after being released from custody in connection with the offence on February 2.
Mr Wight said: “He emailed my company about the change of address on March 1, but it seems I never picked the email up.
“He tells me his downstairs neighbour produced the letter with the appointment details, but the letter wasn’t received by him until February 23.
“My motion would be to allow him one last chance to have the report prepared with him at liberty.”
Sheriff Maxwell Hendry told Rutherford: “I’m prepared to allow you a final chance to have these reports prepared while you are at liberty.
“But the ball is in your court: if you don’t hear from the social work department, get in touch with them or with your solicitor.
“The only person who can stop you going into custody is you.”
Sentence was deferred until March 30.
An application by the Crown for a non-harassment order barring Rutherford from contacting his former partner was continued until the same date.
Rutherford was released on bail.