Lomond School’s netballers are

celebrating after a fantastic week which saw two teams make it into the

semi-finals of the Scottish Schools Cup.

Robert Gordon’s College 12

Lomond School 21

The school’s S1 team travelled to Aberdeen to play Robert Gordon’s College for their quarter-final match.

The first quarter started strong, with some excellent centre pass set-ups from Lucy and Emily Wilson.

In the second quarter, Robert Gordon’s play strengthened, but Nicola Cosgrove-Clark in Goal Attack kept Lomond in the game with her superb shooting skills.

The third quarter saw a more even game, with Robert Gordon’s scoring a number of goals.

This forced the Lomond girls to think about their passes and to remain calm under the opposition’s intense pressure. Jenny Scott played extremely well, gaining possession and helping pass the ball up the court to Lomond’s attacking players.

In the final quarter, Lomond dominated the game, with defensive play picking up considerably, Sophia Black (GK) gaining interceptions at every possible opportunity, aided by Lucy McLean (GD).

And Lomond were able to see out the game, securing them a highly coveted semi-final place.

S1 team list: Nicola Cosgrove-Clark (Captain), Emily Wilson, Lucy Wilson, Rachel MacLeod, Sophie Reid, Sophia Black, Jenny Scott, Lily Garthwaite, Lucy McLean, Marsali Hogg, Lotte Johnson

Lomond School Snr Open B 24

Mearns Castle 21

The Senior Open B netball team took on a strong Mearns Castle side in their Scottish Schools Cup quarter-final.

The first quarter saw Lomond come out strong, but they lost many turnovers. Luckily, the girls held their own and went into the second quarter a goal up.

A more calm and settled second quarter saw Lomond converting successfully through Morven Rowan and Rosie Green. The strong defence won many turnovers from Wallis Jamieson and Ellie Summers.

The third quarter of the match was evenly played, with Lomond making some excellent connections and Jasmin Wells holding strong in the defending circle. Molly Keating worked well around the attack, and the quarter ended with Lomond School again being one goal up.

A fiery final quarter saw Lomond pull out all the stops to reach the semi-finals.