A DRAMATIC house fire which devastated a home in Garelochhead earlier this week has been captured on video by a neighbour.

Sammi Douglas shared the footage with the Advertiser after the blaze on Wednesday completely destroyed the mid-terraced property in Linn Walk.

Sammi said firefighters tackled the flames for some time after the 48-year-old sole occupant of the house reportedly dropped a lit cigarette on a blanket.

READ MORE: Fire destroys house in Garelochhead.

The owner was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene but was safely out of the property before the flames took hold.