FIRE crews attended a blaze in Helensburgh town centre on Wednesday afternoon.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) received reports of an electrical fire in Sinclair Street shortly before 4.30pm on April 28.

Several local residents on social media said that a generator or electrical box near the Co-op supermarket may have been the source of the blaze.

Dark smoke was seen billowing across the sky above nearby buildings, with some residents reporting power outages.

An SFRS spokesperson told the Advertiser that two appliances attended at the scene and no casualties had been reported.

READ MORE: Catch up with the latest news headlines from around Helensburgh and Lomond by clicking here