A HELENSBURGH thug has admitted repeatedly flouting a court's orders during a crime spree lasting months.

Dillon Haughie’s string of crimes, bail breaches and curfew breaches stretched from mid-April until early December last year.

But the 20-year-old was allowed to keep his freedom after a court was told he’d managed to attend all of his 27 appointments with social workers.

Haughie, of Camis Eskan Wynd, was put on a bail order at Dumbarton Sheriff Court on April 14 last year – and then a second order was imposed at the same court on May 3.

But on June 19, he assaulted a man in Sinclair Street and James Street in Helensburgh, pursuing his victim and striking him on the head, causing him to fall to the ground.

Haughie also robbed the man of a bottle of vodka following the vicious attack.

The very next day he shouted, swore and acted in an aggressive manner at a common close in the town’s Williamson Drive.

Two days later, after another appearance in court, Haughie was again released on bail – this time with a special condition attached, ordering him to stay at home each night between 10pm and 7am.

But on August 3 he was again caught shouting, swearing and acting aggressively in town, this time in Ben Bouie Drive – in breach of all three bail orders.

Twice that same month, on August 26 and 27, Haughie breached the terms of his curfew.

On August 28 he was released again, with a second curfew.

And after keeping his nose clean for three months, three further breaches of both curfews followed – on November 29 and 30, and again on December 6.

Haughie later pleaded guilty to all the charges against him, including the bail breaches, and was put on a ‘structured deferred sentence’ before a report on his progress went back to court.

Defence solicitor Phil Lafferty told the February 6 hearing: "He is taking ownership of his issues. He is doing the right things, albeit with challenges."

Sheriff Maxwell Hendry said the structured deferred sentence had done as much as would be expected.

He told Haughie: "I'm not sure I have ever - and I've been working in courts for 45 years - seen someone offered 27 appointments and they turned up to all of them.

"You accept you were acting completely in the wrong fashion."

He imposed a community payback order with 18 months of social work supervision for the August 3 incident.

Haughie must also do 120 hours of unpaid work in the community within the next year.

Sentence was deferred on the other three cases until April 16 for him to be of good behaviour.