LOCH LOMOND Hockey Club ended the unbeaten run of league leaders Dumfries with a crushing 6-3 win.

The home side grabbed the advantage inside five minutes when Charlotte Chambers squeezed the ball past the keeper from a tight angle.

They then managed to keep up the pressure and were rewarded with a penalty corner which Rosie McColgan converted in text-book style.

Dumfries managed to pull one back, but Loch Lomond regained control when White slammed in the third.

Vanesa Sabala added a fourth when she drew out the keeper, who went to ground, and coolly flicked the ball high into the net.

Colgan scored twice more to nab her hat-trick, before Dumfries hit back with a further two of their own in the last quarter, reducing the deficit.

Loch Lomond's second team, meanwhile, held Ardrossan to a 1-1 draw in the first match of their weekend double-header.

The Ayrshire side had won 6-1 when the teams last met just six days previously, but Loch Lomond came out determined to overturn their fortunes and dominated the first 15 minutes, unnerving the opposition.

The team built from the back, defending well, winning the ball and stringing passes together to allow the strikers to create chances.

Ultimately, it paid off, as Kimberley Rijsdijk confidently strode forward and picked out Elaine Wotherspoon on her own in the D.

Wotherspoon couldn’t find a way through on the first attempt but didn’t give up and scored for the hosts with the follow-up.

Sadly for the second team they were unable to end their weekend on a winning note after a 3-2 loss away to Glasgow High/Kelvinside's fourth team.

The away side put up a valiant effort, taking the lead through Molly Keating against the clear league leaders, who were well drilled, fast and played a great passing game.

But Loch Lomond couldn’t hold onto their lead for long as GHK equalised quickly, before putting away a further two goals before half-time.

Facing a 3-1 deficit at the break, the visiting side came out more determined after the restart and managed to pull one back on 35 minutes when Kimberley Rijsdijk passed to Elaine Wotherspoon, who fired in a cracker.

But they felt unlucky not to take all three points as they had two seemingly legitimate goals chopped off the line and keeper Emma O’Neill pulled off several miraculous saves to keep a clean sheet in the second half.