ARDENCAPLE FC’s 2006 team ended a fine season in fitting fashion with back-to-back wins over Giffnock and champions-elect Pollok in their final two fixtures.

At home to Pollok, Caple created an early chance when Poirier and Murray combined, but Murray’s effort was saved by the visiting goalkeeper.

After 10 minutes the same pair combined, and again the goalkeeper saved, but couldn’t hold Murray’s shot and Poirier calmly slotted home.

Caple added a second when Livingston’s chipped pass eluded the Pollok defence and Murray took his time before shooting home.

READ MORE: Caple coast to Thorn win – but Bankies have a sting in the tail

Pollok reduced the leeway after being awarded a soft free kick on the edge of the box, and Caple were rocked when another soft free kick was prodded home from six yards to make it 2-2.

But Ardencaple bounced back within minutes when Poirier muscled the visiting cente half off the ball and created space for himself before firing home from 10 yards.

The goal of the game followed five minutes later after a superb driving run by Godwin, who beat three players before sending over a dangerous cross for Murray to slam home the fourth.

Caple were in full control of the game now, and it and it was no surprise when Shields added a fifth with a low free kick from 20 yards out.

READ MORE: Young guns on the ball at Ardencaple football festival

Ardencaple then finished off their league campaign with a fine team performance in a 9-0 win over Giffnock.

Though it was their 11th game in just 24 days, Caple were in no mood to let their season end with a damp squib, and Murray set the tone in the first minute, tapping home Poirier’s low cross.

It could have been more but for four fine saves by the Giffnock keeper before Poirier lofted the ball over his head for goal number two.

A driving run by Cook, followed by a shot which flew into the top corner, made it 3-0, and by half time it was five thanks to more goals from Murray and Shields.

READ MORE: Caple rise to the challenge of a busy fixture list

Caple rang the changes at half-time, but they continued to dominate, and a cutback from Livingston saw Murphy score the goal of the game when his 30-yard shot bent away from the keeper for number six.

More goals followed in the closing stages as Dougan, Poirier and Cook added to the tally to end a fine first season of 11-a-side football for Caple, who reached the last four of the West Regional Cup, the last eight of the Paisley and District Cup, and the fifth round of the Scottish Cup too.